Welcome to the world of gutter guards – A world where rainwater flows freely and your gutters remain clog-free!
Gutter guards might be a perfect addition for any home or business; understanding why is key.
Are you familiar with the phrase, “An ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure?” It’s especially true when it comes to gutter guards.
Gutters that are clogged by leaves, debris, and other materials can cause costly water damage in and around your home or business.
Not only that but without proper protection, you’re also at risk of attracting pests or even rodents. Gutter guards give you peace of mind knowing that these issues will be well taken care of.
So if you’re ready to know more about the importance of gutter guards, keep reading!
We’ll explain what gutter guards are, how they work, and why they should be part of your property’s arsenal against water damage.
So What Are Gutter Guards?
Gutter guards also referred to as leaf guards, gutter covers, and gutter screens – are an essential part of any homeowner’s maintenance plan. They aid in preventing water damage to your house brought on by clogged gutters, which can lead to structural problems and even mould growth. That being said, it’s important to understand what these devices are and why they’re so important.
Gutter guards essentially act as a barrier between your gutters and the elements. They prevent leaves, twigs, dirt, and other debris from accumulating in your gutters and causing clogs that can lead to water damage. In addition to this, they make it easier for you to clean out your gutters when the time comes (which should be done at least once a year). So if you want to save yourself some time and hassle while protecting your home from potential water damage – gutter guards are definitely worth considering!
Types Of Gutter Guards
Gutter guards are available in a range of forms, sizes and materials, making it simple to find the ideal option for your house. From flat-louvred screens to micro-mesh guards, something out there will fit your needs perfectly. And if you’re looking for a more permanent option, you could always opt for metal covers or even plastic covers.
No matter what kind of gutter guard you select, they all have one thing in common: They aid in preventing water damage to your home caused by clogged gutters. Whether it’s leaves and twigs getting stuck in the downspouts or rainwater overflowing onto walkways and driveways, gutter guards can help prevent these problems from happening. Not only will this keep your home safe from potential flooding and mould issues, but it’ll also ensure that you don’t have to constantly worry about cleaning out your gutters every time it rains!
Gutter Guard vs. Ember Guard
The size of the mesh holes distinguishes an ember guard from a gutter guard . While many gutter guard products are fire resistant and can help protect your property from bushfires, only a few have the required ember guard hole size of less than 2mm.
To comply with Australian standards and or local by laws, all ember guards must be made of metal, either an aluminium mesh or a steel mesh. An ember mesh guard is a metal gutter cover that is installed over any opening or cavity larger than 3mm, including gutters, valleys, and downpipes, to prevent burning embers from entering. With an aperture (hole size) of 2mm or less, the ember mesh is non-combustible and corrosion-resistant.
Reasons For Installing Gutter Guards
It’s clear that gutter guards offer a number of benefits. Not only do they help prevent water damage, but they also make cleaning out your gutters much easier. Gutter guards are needed for several reasons:
- Prevent clogging: Gutters clogged with debris can cause water to back up and overflow, damaging your roof, walls, and foundation. Gutter guards prevent debris from entering the gutters and keep them free-flowing.
- Reduce maintenance: Without gutter guards, you would have to clean your gutters frequently to prevent clogging. Gutter guards reduce the need for frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Extend gutter life: The weight of clogged gutters may cause them to pull away from the roofline. Gutter guards prevent debris from accumulating, reducing the weight on the gutters and extending their lifespan.
- Improve water quality:When gutters are clogged, rainwater can mix with debris and pollutants, reducing the quality of the water. Gutter guards prevent debris from entering the gutters, improving the quality of the water that runs off your roof.
Therefore, gutter guards are a worthwhile investment that can benefit you in saving time and money in future by preventing costly damage to your home and reducing the need for frequent gutter maintenance.
Selecting The Right Type Of Gutter Guard
When selecting the right type of gutter guard, there are several factors to consider:
- Type of debris: Consider the type of debris that is common in your area. Some gutter guards are better at preventing certain types of debris, such as leaves or pine needles, from entering the gutters.
- Gutter size: Gutter guards are available in different sizes to fit different gutter sizes. Make sure to measure your gutters before purchasing gutter guards.
- Material: There are many different materials used to make gutter guards, including plastic mesh and metal. Each material has benefits and drawbacks, including how well it works, how simple it is to install, and how long it lasts.
- Roof pitch: Your roof’s pitch can affect the type of gutter guard you choose. Some gutter guards work better on steeper roofs, while others are better for flatter roofs.
- Maintenance: Consider the upkeep needed for each kind of gutter guard. Some require more frequent cleaning and maintenance than others.
- Cost: Gutter guards vary in price, so consider your budget when selecting the right type.
It’s important to research and compare different types of gutter guards to find the one that best suits your needs and budget. You can also consult a professional to help you select the right gutter guard for your home.
Neglected Gutters And Potential Problems
Having decided that gutter guards are a must-have for your home, it’s time to take a look at what happens when gutters are neglected. Chances are, if you don’t take care of them properly, you’ll end up with some serious issues on your hands – and that could cost you big time. Here’s the scoop:
• Risk of Roof Damage: Overflowing gutters can cause water to leak into your roof, leading to rot and other costly damage.
• Insect Infestations: Gutter clogs make ideal habitats for mosquitoes and other pests to breed.
• Foundation Issues: Clogged gutters can cause water to pool around your home’s foundation, leading to settling and cracks in the foundation over time.
• Expensive Repairs: When the aforementioned problems come together, they can lead to costly repairs that could have been avoided with routine gutter maintenance.
So it is beneficial to stay on top of things when it comes to protecting your home – a few minutes spent each month can save you thousands down the road!
Gutter Guard Installation By AWS Roofing
Do you need assistance keeping leaves and other debris out of your gutters?
We can install gutter guard for you.
AWS Roofing provides a vast range of guttering profiles and colours to match any architectural style, including modern homes, historic structures, commercial buildings, and industrial properties. Contact us now to get a quote!